OFF, OFF AND AWAY WE GO

     Had a wonderful birthday on September 28th, our  daughter Kyp  sent me a Vera Bradley bag very nice and will use on our cruise.  My friend Cindi made us Mexican dinner and margaritas at her house and also a beautiful flower arrangement.  She bought me miniature bottles (3) with corks for use as bud vase or can fill with color water or sand.  Think I will get some sand in Hawaii.  We are loving our place here on the river, watching the wild life.  It is salmon season and there are lots of fisherman.  We have three seals that feed in front of our place and the salmon jump right out of the water when being chased.   Had my first stamp camp (card making) October 4th.  Had less people show than thought but was fun just the same.  We headed to Portland for the night at our son and daughter in laws.  Spent one night then headed off on vacation. 
     Stopped in Roseburg and Medford briefly then for the night in Yreka.  We were both up and fully awake at 3am so decided to head out on our way.  Our destination Las Vegas to visit for four days with Leona and some others at the Meadows where we use to live.  We have been very excited to go see everyone, and I have some special gifts for a few people.  Well as we sing along driving and are about 300 miles out, Leona calls and says that Kimberly in the office just called and said we are not allowed there and security at the gate has been advised that we are not allowed on property as we are 86'd.  She was very upset and I thought she was kidding at first.  I immediately called the office to speak to Kimberly about this and was told that we unfortunately were 86'd due to how we left.  I said what does that mean, how did we leave?  We had our place inspected and it was emasculate and cleared and we paid back the months free rent. She stated it was because we had broken our lease.  We had a two year lease and we moved after thirteen months when Andrew almost died as the doctors advised us to leave ASAP or he would die if we stayed in desert.  We had doctors letters and legal advisory on the matter.  Long story short the Meadows wanted me to pay for the additional year and sign a payment agreement, I refused to sign per legal advice as we had legitimate medical reasons for premature vacating of the lease agreement.  Since we left which was October last year, we have not received a bill from the Meadows or anything.  We have talked with most folks who live there and were our friends since we left and were very shocked at this news.  I got cut off from Kimberly as we were driving.  When I again got a signal I called the corporate office.  I talked with the CEO and explained what was happening and he said that legally we were obligated for the second year of the lease and that it was private property and they could do that.  I said people who live there own their house and you are dictating who they can have as friends come on the property. I further stated that I had not broken any violations and in fact contributed greatly to the Meadows and Andrew drove their bus.  I said I was not a criminal for gods sake.  He argued and I said if it is a financial reason as you are stating and we broke the lease, then why have I not been given a bill or collections notice etc... I also stated that I wanted a letter stating why we can not come there to visit friends if we are at their house and not using any amenities on the property.  He stated I would not get a letter.  I called to try and get Kimberly again, and she was out so I spoke to Roger.  He did not want to discuss and told me it would be best if we just stayed clear of there or the police would be called.  I said we would just talk to and meet our friends at the gate then to exchange what we had for them and he said that was not allowed either.  I became angry stating "you don't own the damn side walk asshole" and I hung up.
     Well if I had my way the rest of my vacation would have been spent sitting right outside the gate picketing and getting media involved.  It took Andrew several hundred miles to calm me down, I cried and cried.  I am still very hurt and saddened by the entire thing.  I have never in my life experienced such meanness and cruelty.  I am a caring and giving person and am absolutely heart sick.  Well that is all I want to say and wanted to share what happened and what the reasons were.  We did stop and see Leona and stayed at Palace for the night. 
     On a happier note we are in California and I am getting to feel my great grand baby kick and the baby shower is Saturday.  We are here till we leave on our cruise the 16th of October for Hawaii.   Andrew started to feel sick and cough when we got to Vegas but is a bit better here I  CA and using his machine daily while we are here.  The cruise should be fine as it will be humid.  Will write again and post pictures after the baby shower Saturday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing Out the Year

Summer Season

Our Plans are like Jello Sometimes it just doesn't set!